Annual pledged membership contributions and tuition fees cover only a portion of the actual cost of Temple Israel’s wide range of ritual, educational and social activities. We depend on your support. To facilitate the act of Tzedakah, Temple Israel provides an on-line form to make giving easy.
Simply choose the amount you want to give and for what purpose. If you wish to give to several funds, we will apportion your donation as you wish: evenly to multiple funds or you may type in a specific amount for each fund in the space provided. A list of funds is found on below. Of course, you may include a dedication(s) for each fund. When making a donation in honor or in memory of someone, those honored will be promptly informed of your thoughtfulness. Donations in honor or memory of someone are also acknowledged in our Temple newsletter, Temple Topics. We’re happy to facilitate anonymous donations at your request.
Once you have completed the on-line donation form please click the “submit” button. Your wishes will immediately be sent to us and we will contact you regarding your preferred payment method (check or credit card). We accept MasterCard, Visa, and American Express. Thank you for supporting Temple Israel!
If you are interested in supporting the community dinners, see the different ways you can sponsor in honor of a person, a LifeCycle, or in memory of a person. See below.
- Temple Operating Fund – To support Temple Israel programs, Jewish education, social activities and operations
- ASL (American Sign Language) Interpreting Fund – To provide funding for ASL interpreting and to build the bridge between the Deaf and Hard of Hearing and the general Jewish Community
- Benevolence Fund – Provide financial assistance to help members of our community meet basic needs
- Brotherhood Fund – Brotherhood of Temple Israel of New Rochelle, also known as the Men of Reform Judaism (MRJ), is a group of dedicated Temple members, spanning all ages, who volunteer their time and effort on behalf of Temple members and the New Rochelle community.
- Camp Pinebrook Program Fund – To enhance programs associated with Camp Pinebrook.
- Chavaya Program Fund – To support programs
- Endowment Fund – Used to maintain and expand religious, educational, cultural, social and philanthropic activities of the Temple
- Gladys & Murray Goldstein Cultural Center Fund – Enables the Temple to present exhibits and improve the Cultural Center
- Hospitality Fund – For the holding of Kiddush and Oneg Shabbat receptions
- Kehillah School Childhood Program Fund – To support Kehillah programs
- Sidney & Ruth Lapidus Fund – For adult education funding
- Music Fund – To support musical programs and cultural life of the Temple
- Prayer Book Fund – To enable the Temple to purchase prayer books
- Radio Fund – To enable us to present radio broadcasts that we bring to the congregation and the larger public
- Joan Sanders Transportation Fund – To enable congregants who do not drive to get to services
- Sisterhood Fund – Temple Israel of New Rochelle Sisterhood brings together all generations of women within our synagogue to serve our congregation. Our Sisterhood sponsors a variety of social, religious, and community activities throughout the year.
- Social Action Fund – To support social action projects in our synagogue and neighborhood communities
- Temple Israel Cares – Enables the committee to provide meals for congregants who have been hospitalized or are recovering from illness and to provide Shiva baskets
- Youth Involvement Fund – Enhances youth programs
- Clergy Discretionary Funds – These funds allow our clergy to support a wide variety of charitable causes.
Shabbat Opportunities to Support the Community Dinners
Consider Birthdays, Anniversaries, Mazel Tov’s, Baby Namings, Bar/Bat Mitzvah’s, Engagements/Weddings, “In Memory Of…”/Yahrzeit, Graduations, Recovery …
Contact Ellen Egan, Bookkeeper, to consider a Shabbat Opportunity of a:
- Dessert Sponsor – Sponsor the dessert for one Shabbat dinner which includes a variety of baked goods, fruit, mini pastries and your choice of inscription on cake, $180
- Bar Sponsor – Sponsor the bar for one Shabbat dinner which includes Beer/Wine and Top Shelf liquor along with a uniformed bartender on staff, $180
- Gift of Shabbat – Sponsor one Shabbat dinner for the Congregation, $540
- Gift of Life – Sponsor five Shabbat dinners for the Congregationj, your choice of dates, $2,500
- Shabbat Angel – Sponsor the entire series of Shabbat dinners for the year, $6,000